Nevada Chapter Member Benefit
Mentoring the Future – a Nevada Member Benefit program
The amta nevada chapter is proud to partner with Steiner Education Group’s premier education program and campus, the Nevada School of Massage Therapy, to offer its members an opportunity to mentor up-and-coming professionals in the field of massage therapy!
If you are an amta nevada chapter member, have a NV state-issued professional license (NSBMT), and have a couple of hours to help/mentor a current massage therapy student, consider this:
- Students need guidance.
- Your feedback is sought and needed, by both the programs that educate future licensed massage therapists and the Students of these programs. Part of their education is to perform massage on the Public in school-hosted Clinics that put them in touch with their technical and business skills to increase their confidence and effectiveness.
Wouldn’t you like to help IMPROVE their performance?
Wouldn’t you like to know that there are more qualified and experienced graduates entering the massage therapy profession every year?
ANY state-professional-licensed Member of the amta nevada chapter is invited to participate in this special event, hosted at and by NSMT’s Student Clinic:
“First Massage Free, Subsequent Massages Half-Priced“
- You get an email invitation from the chapter at your AMTA-registered email address.
- You RSVP (through Eventbrite) to posted dates where the Nevada School of Massage Therapy is working with the amta nevada chapter to offer incentives to come in to the weekend Student Clinic and receive a massage.
- The purpose is for you to leave thoughtful, constructive, and positive feedback after your massage.
- For your Evaluation of the student that has just given you a massage, you will not have been charged for your massage (first one only) OR you will have been charged half-price (2nd+ time).
- You will have given critical feedback for the student to consider, study, and act on during his/her time in student clinic…and probably for the rest of their career!
- RSVP through your emailed Invitation from the Eventbrite system to any “Mentoring Our Future” amta nevada chapter events during 2014 (8 opportunities over 16 days)
- Print your event Ticket and take it with your current NSBMT license (blue card or certificate) to NSMT (map).
- Show up at the school during the event times – give the Clinic Manager your Ticket AND show the Clinic Manager your NSBMT license.
- Wait in line to be called in for your massage [re: Wait time: getting a massage in student clinic is on a first-come, first-served basis – please plan for wait times ranging from “now” to up to 1 hour, depending on business levels)
- Receive your massage – TRY to stay alert so you can give good feedback!
- After your massage, tell the student that you need to complete an Evaluation for them and ask if they have a few minutes to review the Evaluation you complete with them. Then, pick up and complete an Evaluation form from Reception and find a place to meet for a few minutes with your student practitioner to review your evaluation – this gives them a chance to clarify and ask questions about points you bring to their attention – positive and constructive!
- Times of availability of this offer are ONLY during scheduled amta nevada chapter event times listed on its website at www.amta-nv.org/events or in a specific email invitation. Clinic hours are 8am – 5:30pm, Saturdays and Sundays, notwithstanding any emergency closings.
- The Nevada School of Massage Therapy will have you register as a guest of the student clinic – you will be signing a release form for the school’s clinic participation as well.
- To receive your “free” or “discounted” massage session at NSMT’s clinic, you must complete an Evaluation Form provided to you by NSMT at the conclusion of your massage/bodywork session. Failure to do so jeopardizes the relationship between the amta nevada chapter and NSMT, your ability to further participate in future special events.
- When you are receiving your massage, you are responsible for communicating with your student massage therapist and controlling your exposure to their manipulation and method used: if you are not comfortable, stop the session and contact a school supervisor.
- The amta nevada chapter is not responsible for any damages or negative impact participating in any amta nevada chapter-organized event may cause any registered participant. The amta nevada chapter facilitates opportunities, services, and information that participants use at their own risk.
- Your RSVPing to attend “Mentoring Our Future” events does not guarantee your participation at any stage of the scheduled times you may receive a massage at the rates organized between the amta nevada chapter and NSMT. You may be denied entry into the clinic for any reason outside the control of the amta nevada chapter or NSMT at any time.
- FREE = “$0.00″; Half-Priced = “$16.00″ (cash, debit/credit – you pay NSMT directly, on-site),
- you must RSVP through the amta nevada chapter system of “invitation through Eventbrite” to each Evaluation/Mentoring opportunity
- one (1) RSVP per member,
- when you arrive and if you are qualifying for the “free massage”, you must show your current NSBMT license as proof that you hold an LMT credential,
- when you arrive, you must give your Eventbrite Ticket to the Clinic Manager (printed from the Eventbrite event invitation),
- you will not be able to participate in the event (aka “get your massage offer”) if you do not RSVP online and follow the above Terms and Conditions,
- contact David Otto with any questions.
We are looking forward to your maximizing your Nevada Chapter membership in the AMTA by taking advantage of this awesome opportunity – Mentoring the Future and self-care, all in one! See you at NSMT!
If you are not yet an AMTA member, please join us! More information about the benefits of membership and participating in shaping the profession are found here: http://www.amtamassage.org/membership/Benefits/professional.html