Join us for Networking, Education, and Empowerment!
The Nevada Chapter of the American Massage Therapy Association is proud to host a Member Meeting and Education Conference in Reno, Nevada, on March 21 – please join us for networking, chapter and Association updates and earning 4 Continuing Education Hours with Amy Lewis teaching “Intro to CranioSacral Therapy” for Massage Therapists and their clients!
- Hear from and meet our volunteer Chapter Meeting Coordinator, Paul Lofgreen;
- Meet the new Nevada State Board of Massage Therapists’ Executive Director Sandy Anderson;
- hear how AMTA is bolstering your practice with new opportunities and programs;
- take up to 4 hours of live, NCBTMB-approved courses for Continuing Education credit;
- express your opinions and willingness to help empower Nevada massage therapists by being part of the chapter over the next year;
- have some coffee & lunch, meet a new or old colleague;
- and more!
All Massage Therapists are welcome to attend!
AMTA Members benefit – 20% OFF your Registration Fees: check your member emails for Your Discount Code!
~~ Schedule ~~
March 21st, 2017
9:00am-9:30am chapter set-up
9:30am-10:00am attendee arrival/check-in & on-site Registration – COFFEE TIME! This is a free event
10:00am-11:30am Member Meeting
11:30am-12:30pm hosted Lunch – Qdoba-inspired free, with meeting Registration
12:30pm-4:30pm Intro to CranioSacral Therapy (Lewis, 4 CEHs) This is a for-cost event
Please: Register Now – don’t miss this opportunity for education and being a part of your profession in Nevada!
Bring a Friend!
~~ Class ~~
Intro to CranioSacral Therapy (Lewis)
Participants will learn the benefits of CranioSacral Therapy, CST. The focus will be on learning basic CST anatomy, concepts and techniques to include how to palpate CranioSacral Rhythm, Stillpoint, that can be used to relieve headaches, reduce stress, manage pain and promote relaxation.
Materials: notpad & pen, massage table
Date/Times: Tuesday, March 21st, 2017 | 12:00p – 4:00p
Continuing Education Hours Earned: 4
Location: Awake n network – Reno
Amy Lewis, LMT, CST-T, BCTMB, BS
has taken several CST classes through the Upledger institute. She is a CST-T and is working on CST-D. Amy also has a BS in Biology. She has been an AMTA Professional member since 1992. Amy has also been a NCBTMB certified Therapist since 1994 and a NCBTMB provider (#913) since 2015. [learn more about Amy]
~~ Notes ~~
Registration for classes no later than 3 days prior is required for receiving a completed Certificate of Completion on-site and a seat for lunch.
On-site Registration is available through your device.
The amta nevada chapter will provide coffee before and lunch during the day.
Other things you can do at this event:
- Network over Registration and Lunch time
- Invite a friend to introduce them to the amta nevada chapter: the Board & its Members
We look forward to your making the most of your membership with the amta nevada chapter!
If you need to cancel your ticket/RSVP, please return to the EventBrite system to do so. Thank you!