Revised late in 2012, the Nevada State Board of Massage Therapy (NSBMT) published and distributed its Citation Policy that lists the fine amounts for infractions of NRS 640C for Massage Therapists and Persons. Please note: the below list is not an all-inclusive schedule and may change upon action of the board during their regular meetings.
If you have any questions about the publication, please contact the NSBMT directly at their website or by email at [email protected]. The Chapter wants Nevada’s NVMTs and Public to know the infractions and the cost of those – fines are not collected or used by the Board and go to State of Nevada funds.
NSBMT CITATION POLICY
Practicing Massage Therapy
1. A Citation shall be issued to any person practicing Massage Therapy without a current Nevada State Board of Massage Therapists License.
2. A Citation shall be issued to any Massage Therapist that is practicing Massage Therapy with an expired Nevada State Board of Massage Therapists License.
3. A Citation shall be issued to a Massage Therapist that is practicing Massage Therapy without their current, valid Nevada State Board of Massage Therapists License displayed per NRS 640C.450. (Examples of not posted: In your wallet, purse, backpack, drawer or car but not limited to)
4. A Citation shall be issued to any person practicing Massage Therapy with an altered license.
a. If person has an altered Massage Therapists License with the NSBMT they will be scheduled for the next available Board Meeting for disciplinary action.
5. A Citation shall be issued to a Massage Therapist practicing Massage Therapy with a copied license.
- A Citation shall be issued to any person that is advertising Massage Therapy without a Current Nevada State Board of Massage Therapy License.
- A Cease and Desist (C & D) Notice shall be issued to any person that is advertising as stated in NRS 640C.910 (2) with a minimum of a 15-business day compliance date.
- A Citation shall be issued to any person that is currently advertising with a license that is expired more than 90 days. (R:8/13/2010)
- A Cease and Desist Notice shall be issued for non-compliance of NAC640C.200 to NAC 640C.310 with a 15-day compliance date.
- A Citation shall be issued to any person that does not comply with a Cease and Desist Notice on the first business day after the allotted time period has expired.
Schedule of fines; disciplinary hearings.
1. The Board adopts the following schedule of fines for any violation of the provisions listed:
A $150.00 Administrative Fee Applies to all Citations
|Violation|| ||First Offense||Second Offense||Third Offense|
|Practicing Without Having Acquired a License|| ||500.00||1000.00||2000.00|
|Practicing With Expired License|| ||100.00||500.00||1500.00|
|Practicing Without Display of License|| ||100.00||150.00||500.00|
|Altering License for the display of NRS 640C|| ||1000.00||3000.00||5000.00|
|Copying License for the display of NRS 640C|| ||100.00||250.00||500.00|
|Advertising Massage Therapy Without a License|| ||350.00||1000.00||5000.00|
|Advertising Massage Therapy Without a Current License after C & D or 90 expired|| ||200.00||500.00||1500.00|
|Advertising Without License Number|| ||100.00||250.00||500.00|
|On Probation Working Without Supervising Massage Therapist Present|| ||200.00||1000.00||5000.00|
|NAC 640C.200 to NAC 640C.310 Establishment Violation (excluding NAC 640C.230(2))|| ||100.00||250.00||500.00|
|Unlawful Habitation of a Massage Establishment NAC 640C.230 (2)|| ||1000.00||5000.00||10000.00|