Whether you’ve been practicing for 10+ years or are just starting out in the field, the American Massage Therapy Association has a benefit for its members that is good for taking advantage of ANY time during your career: the Mentoring Program!
All of the program Details are in any of the below-links – research it, and see if it something you can benefit from: being a Mentee OR a Mentor!
If you have time to assist a colleague in developing a business plan for their practice, be a sympathetic or empathetic ear and a solid shoulder for an ethical issue, or just want to be creative in a team relationship – you should think about BEING a Mentor. Read more on the AMTA website on How and Why to do it!
|3 Ways to Get the Most From the AMTA Mentoring Program|
|AMTA’s Mentoring Program is a great way for new massage therapists to learn about the profession or help individuals make a career change. Learn and build professional connections with these helpful tips:|
1. Keep communications open.
- Mentee: Be up front. Let your mentor know what your goals are and what you hope to take away from the program.
- Mentor: Help your mentee set realistic expectations. Also, if you know you will be unavailable because of business or personal travel, let them know.
2. Offer support.
- Mentee: Remember that your mentor is there for you, but is only a guide.
- Mentor: Encourage communication and participation. Help create a solid plan of action.
3. Stay positive!
- Mentee: Remember that your mentor is offering feedback and not criticizing.
- Mentor: Recognize the work the mentee has done and the progress made.
|LEARN MORE ABOUT AMTA’S MENTORING PROGRAM »|