AMTA’s and Nevada State Health Department & Massage Therapy Board Officials’ Advice
Check the CDC website for all information (State, included) as to the current status of the Coronavirus-19 (COVID-19) status – Status changes daily.
We encourage you to:
- Stay safe & maintain your health, yourself
- Keep your loved ones safe
- Keep your clients safe
When the pandemic status in the United States is lifted, we will all be able to breathe a little easier and move forward in our lives. Until that time, and as a massage therapist professional: please review this webpage for links to the latest information on how to keep yourself, your loved ones, and your clients SAFE.
on this page, texts in red are the newest updates, effective 5/20/2022
What is the AMTA doing?
- Updates on the National website: the AMTA has a dynamic Update webpage for all Massage Therapists and its Members – for health-safety information, statistics, and national- and local- actions and plans, visit it now: AMTA is committed to keeping you informed on COVID-19
- Membership Renewals – if you have a question about your upcoming Renewal options, please contact the National office at [email protected] or (877) 905-2700.
- Your Professional Liability Insurance coverage – The policy through HPSO requires that covered AMTA members are appropriately licensed to provide professional services and that they comply with state, federal and facility guidelines relative to scope of practice and practice setting. Call HPSO with specific questions about AMTA’s coverage: 1-888-253-1474
What is AMTA-NV doing?
- Keeping their chapter Members up-to-date – this webpage will be kept current with National and State-centric, developing information that may further inform you, so you can make the best decisions about your practice. Share this webpage with your colleagues.
State of Nevada:
NV-Governor Sisolak’s Declaration of Emergency For COVID-19 has been Terminated. You can find the Proclamation Terminating the Declaration of Emergency on the Nevada Health Response website’s Governor Directives and Declarations webpage.
Other Economic-Recovery Resources:
- Nevada Business support webinars – At the request of and in support of the support of the Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development, Nevada Business Information Network COVID-19 is a statewide business, industry, trade and economic coalition working together to provide resources to Nevada businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. This network is intended to be a “one-stop-shop” clearinghouse helping streamline gathering and sharing critical information businesses need from the federal and state levels no matter their size, sector or location in Nevada. Information will be distributed to business groups/associations in the form of educational webinars, public service announcements (PSAs), informational documents and/or surveys so they may forward support materials to help their respective business communities. To register for free, upcoming business support webinars, visit https://www.lvgea.org/covid19/.
- Nevada Department of Health & Human Services Division of Public Behavior Health (DPBH) – check their webpage for advice
- Nevada State Board of Massage Therapy (NSBMT) – check their webpage for advice
webpage Errors/Updates: please contact the Webmaster through this form